Visiting or Temporarily Working in USA

Visit the United States

The majority of foreigners wishing to visit the United States must first obtain a visa. This temporary visa is for tourism in the United States and visiting family and friends. Also, temporary business visitors get a temporary business visor visa to conduct activities of commercial or professional nature such as negotiate a contract, attend a business conference or consult with business associates.    

Travelers from certain countries may be exempt from the requirements of getting a visa because of international agreements between the United States and those countries. The nationals of those countries don’t need to pass by the American Consulate to get a visa stamp because they are admitted under the visa waiver program.

Traveling to the United States for business or pleasure require that you apply for a visa in the appropriate category. There are many visa categories depending on the purpose of your trip to the U.S. We will guide you and determine what is the most appropriate visa for your goals and objectives. 

Your visitor visa can be extended if you need more time in the United States.

We have developed tool and systems that allows us to process your tourist visit with ease by making a complete analysis of your case, evaluating your specific personal and family dynamics, and making recommendations. You will obtain your visitor’s visa in the most efficient way in terms of processing, time and costs.

We can't go into details here, but we'll definitely talk when you meet with me. 

We hope to see you soon and take care of you and your family visitor’s visa.

 If you want to learn more about the visiting the United State or determine if you might be eligible for the visitor’s visa, call us at 305-392-7475 or schedule your 15-Complementary-Session here.

I look forward to speaking with you!

Thank You

Thanks for your interest. I know you have a lot of options when it comes to legal planning. Law Offices of Rosenny Burgos, P.A. has been the trusted partner of Florida residents. I look forward to meeting with you. Schedule today!

Working in the United States

Many foreigners want to temporarily work in the United States. The most frequent way to work in the Unites States is that a US company or individual file a petition on behalf of the foreigner. 

There are many types of work visas in the United States. If you have the right combination of skills, education, work experience and background, you might be able to qualify for one or more work visa types. Through the work visa you can also obtain a green card. See more details here.

If you live outside the United States upon USCIS approval you can apply for the visa or seek admission at a port of entry or an American Consulate. If you are inside the United States, you might be able to change your status to a work visa classification that provides work authorization. 

Spouses and minor children can accompany the principal work visa holder during the authorized work stay in the United States.   

Depending on the work visa classification you seek, you might or might not need an employer. Some classifications allow self-petition, which means filing an application on your own behalf. 

Once you USCIS has approved your work visa status, you must comply with all the conditions of your work visa to remain in good status in the United States. 

If you want to learn more about working in the United State or determine if you might be eligible to work in the United States, call us at 305-392-7475 or schedule your 15-Complementary-Session here.

I look forward to speaking with you!

Temporary Visa

The United States has created different visa categories. Each visa category has specific requirements to be met. Below is the list of the Temporary Work Visa Classification approved by USCIS

CW-1: workers that are in-transit the United States like crew members

E-1, E-2, E-2C, E-3: workers whose nationality is from a country with international treaty with USA

H-1B: for foreigners with a professional degree or who have a specialty occupation or sub-classifications

H-1C: for register nurses as determined by the U.S. Department of Labor

H-2A: for temporary or seasonal agricultural work

H-2B: for temporary non-agricultural workers

H-3: for foreigners that need training on a profession or job

I: for representatives of press, media, radio, news and film 

L-1A: for intracompany transferees in executive or managerial positions

L-1B: for intracompany transferees with specialized knowledge

O-1: for foreigners with extraordinary ability in the arts, sciences, education, business, athletics, motion picture or TV production

O-2: for foreigners assisting the O-1 visa holder

 P-1A: for athletes of international recognition

P-1B: for international entertainers or members of an international entertainment groups

P-2: for performers or group members under a reciprocal exchange program 

P-3: for artists or entertainers to perform, teach, or coach under a program that is culturally unique

Q-1: Persons participating in an international cultural exchange program for the purpose of providing practical training, employment, and to share the history, culture, and traditions of the noncitizen's home country

R-1: for religious workers who wish to work on a religious organization

TN: for workers in a professional capacity from Mexico and Canada

If you want to learn more about which temporary visa is better for your purposes in the United State or determine for what category of visa if you might be eligible, call us at 305-392-7475 or schedule your 15-Complementary-Session here.

I look forward to speaking with you!

Students and Exchange Visitors

Students are eligible for a student visa to pursue a full-time academic or vocational study in the United States. 

This classification also includes exchange visitors.

The student must be register in an accredited school or university who will sponsor the student before USCIS. 

The spouses and children of the student can accompany and stay in USA during the curse of study. 

If you want to learn more about the studying in the United State, call us at 305-392-7475 or schedule your 15-Complementary-Session here.

I look forward to speaking with you!

Law Offices of Rosenny Burgos, P.A.

Serving clients throughout Florida



Copyright © 2023 Law Offices of Rosenny Burgos, P.A.  All rights reserved  | Privacy Policy  |  Cookie Policy

DISCLAIMER: No information you obtain from this website or its content is legal advice, nor is it intended to be. You should consult an attorney for individualized advice regarding your own situation. No attorney-client relationship is intended or formed by your viewing this website or downloading and using the content, forms, tips or information kits found on this website. No attorney-client relationship is intended or formed without a fully-executed, written agreement to enter into such a relationship. Client testimonials or endorsements do not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter.